Friday, June 13, 2014

Thrifty Things Friday #5

TTF @ Melissa's Antiques

Welcome to the next installment of Thrifty Things Friday!  As many of you are reading this, I am preparing for yet another sale.  But, I don't have to go too far.  Everything just has to be unpacked from boxes and placed on tables in my garage.  I am trying to get rid of as much as possible, because I'm trying to make room for some new pieces of furniture in my house.  Plus, as I told you, I am trying to earn money to pay for my next summer class (CHECK!) and another big purchase on the horizon.  No it's not a house.  At least not until I find another one that fits my personality!  But, it does have to do with all this junkin' I've been doing.  I'll share more later.


Last week I won a give away hosted by Helen and her Daughters.  Look at the fun goodies I got!


The goodies are sitting atop a pair of vintage suitcases with my initials (so you know I HAD to have them) that I bought about a year ago.  The picture in the background was a find from the US 40 garage sale.  It is of a marching band from Indianapolis.  I was a big ol' band nerd in high school AND college.  So I have a soft spot for old photos like this.

So let's get on to TTF!  Let me start with the featured post from last week's TTF:




Feel free to use this button on your blog if you've been featured.

So, let's get on to the party!  Let me kindly remind you of the guidelines...

Please...
  1. only submit "thrifty" finds/DIYs/furniture redos/recipes posts/articles.  Submit a direct link  (permalink) to the post/article.  Do not submit a link to your homepage.  Please only link up to 3 posts/articles.
  2. link back to the Melissa's Antiques home page or directly to this week's TTF link-up.  Feel free to grab the button above! Tell your readers where you party at!  Encourage them to join!
  3. follow my blog.  You can do that several ways: Google Reader, by email, Bloglovin', or any other platform.  I also have a Facebook and Pinterest.  I like to show different content than what's on my blog on these 2 platforms.
  4. go to the source of the photo to pin it to Pinterest, so that way the original author gets the credit.
  5. note that by linking your post, you give me (Melissa's Antiques) permission to share your pictures or content on my blog, Facebook, Pinterest, or other social media platforms.
  6. try to visit others who link-up to this post.  I will try to get to everyone's posts by the time for the next TTF.
If you do not follow these guidelines you will not be featured next week and/or your post may be deleted.


7 comments:

  1. Great stuff you won! Amazing that you found vintage luggage with your initials - ever! Last week's feature - LOVE jadeite!
    Good luck for a successful sale and weather to go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your FB pics of your garage sale look amazing -- wish I could be there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Melissa For Thrifty Things Friday. Love joining in.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on winning that fab give away! Love the tray and Jadite!!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Melissa, for hosting. You will probably need an energy smoothie in the morning. Hope you meet your goal. Is the big purchase a semi with a bunk in it for long-distance junkin'?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melissa I hope you had a great sale. The ad was great and if you were closer I would have been there in a heartbeat! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to find a suitcase with my initials! Of course you have to buy something like that :-)

    Thanks for hosting & for featuring my post!

    Have an awesome day!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It is always welcomed and appreciated!