Saturday, December 21, 2013

O, Aluminum Tree!


O aluminum tree, O aluminum tree!
Thy leaves are so shiny.
O aluminum tree, O aluminum tree!
Thy leaves are so shiny.


Not only silver when summer's here,
But also when it's cold and drear.
O aluminum tree, O aluminum tree!
Thy leaves are so shiny.


O aluminum tree, O aluminum tree!
Such kitschy joy you bring me.
O aluminum tree, O aluminum tree!
Such kitschy joy you bring me.


For every year, the aluminum tree,
Brings us all kitschy joy and glee.
O aluminum tree, O aluminum tree!
Such vintage Christmas joy do you bring me.


O aluminum tree, O aluminum tree!
You'll always be so shiny.
O aluminum tree, O aluminum tree!
You'll always be so shiny.


Each Shiny Brite,
Each strand of beads,
No tree displays these as well.


O aluminum tree, O aluminum tree!
You'll always be so shiny.


Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you all!
Melissa

Linking to:
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
The Nifty Thrifty
Thriftasaurus
Remnant
Junkin Joe
We Call it Olde
Thrifty Things Friday

6 comments:

  1. Love, love an aluminum tree! Great lyrics and sang it in my head as I read...
    happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That tree is great and your song was a nice tribute to such a shiny tree.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. My tree is aluminum, remembering the tree I grew up with in the 50's and 60's...with the color wheel. I would love to have the full size one I bought but somehow only the top arrived in Florida when we moved, so it's a table top tree now! I love yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. An aluminum tree and vintage ornaments...it doesn't get much better then this! Thanks for linking to TTF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, those ornaments are awesome! Love Jack & Jill! Thanks for linking this to my History & Home party, and Happy New Year to you - Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm dying to get me one of these. I LOVE your ornaments too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It is always welcomed and appreciated!